Revised 22 February 2021
In these booking conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all people named on the booking form (including anyone who is added or replaced at a later date). ‘The owners’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Valleybrook Holidays of Peakswater, Lansallos, Looe, Cornwall, PL13 2QE.
Please read these booking conditions before booking one of our properties.
You (“the Hirer”), as the person in charge of the party, must be at least 18 years old at the time of the booking. By making the booking you are responsible for making all payments due to us and you confirm that all other members of your party agree to abide by these booking conditions.
We will provide written confirmation if the property is available and we have received all the relevant payments from you, until we confirm the booking in writing your booking is provisional.
Please carefully check the details stated in the written confirmation as soon as you receive it. If anything is incorrect, please inform us immediately.
We require you to provide us with the names and ages (if under 18) of all the members of your party as well as the breed, age and names of any dogs included in the booking. Failure to provide these details will be regarded as a breach of these booking conditions.
Bookings are confirmed by us for holiday use only for the period stated on the written confirmation. If you, anyone in your party, or anyone invited into the property by you, occupy the property after the period confirmed on the receipt, you will be responsible for paying the full rental costs and any additional costs arising.
We have the right to refuse any booking before we send you your written confirmation. If we do this we will not process your card for payment.
Even if we have sent a written confirmation, we have the right to cancel your booking. If we cancel your booking, we will tell you in writing and will promptly refund any monies paid.
Once a booking has been confirmed, a contract exists and you are responsible for the payment of the full rental.
The required Deposit is 25% of the rental price of the property to be paid by debit or credit card.
The Balance owed must be received by us no less than 70 days before the start of your stay. However, if you book less than 70 days before the start of your stay, we must receive full payment of the total cost of your booking when you book. We only accept payments in GBP.
If we do not receive payments by their due date, we are entitled to assume that you want to cancel your booking.
We do not charge for debit or credit card payments.
If you change your booking
If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking, we must receive your notice in writing by email. You will have to pay any additional costs arising from the change, which will be charged at the current website price.
If you cancel your booking
If you cancel your booking after it has been confirmed, you must phone us as soon as possible and then confirm this in writing by email. The day we receive your phone call to cancel is the date on which we will cancel your booking.
We will then endeavour to re-let the property, at the original tariff price and if we are successful you will only forfeit the Cancellation Charge of £50. If however we cannot re-let, the following cancellation charges will apply.
|Number of days before the start date of your booking
that we received your notice to cancel.
|More than 70 days||Full deposit|
|57 to 70 days||50% of the rental cost|
|43 to 56 days||60% of total rental cost|
|29 to 42 days||75% of total rental cost|
|8 to 28 days||90% of total rental cost|
|7 days or less||95% of total rental cost|
Cooling Off Period
All direct bookings have a 48 hour cooling off period from the time and date of the written confirmation email. During this period any bookings can be cancelled for any reason and all monies paid will be refunded.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
If due to UK Government Coronvirus restrictions, your accommodation is closed for the time of your booking or prevent you from travelling to take up your booking, we will offer either a deferral of your booking to another available date within 18 months of the original arrival date or a full refund. If the cost of your new booking is higher than your original booking then you will need to pay the difference.
Cutting short your stay
No refunds are payable in the event that you cut short your stay.
Cancellations or changes by us
Although we do not expect to do so, sometimes bookings have to be changed or cancelled and we retain the right do so. In the unlikely event we do, we will contact you by phone or email as soon as reasonably practical. If we have to cancel your booking, our total liability is limited to a refund of the monies paid to us.
We have the following conditions regarding your stay at the property:
- You can arrive at your property at any time after 5pm on the start date of your rental period.
- If you fail to arrive by 12 noon on the day after the start date of your rental period and you do not let us know you are arriving late, we may treat your booking as having been cancelled by you. In this situation, we will not refund any money.
- You must leave by 9.30am on the last day of your rental period.
Behaviour – You and all members of your party agree:-
- To keep the property clean and tidy.
- To leave the property in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived.
- To behave in a way while at the property which does not break the law;
- Not to smoke in the building (including e-cigarettes).
- Not to use the property for any commercial purpose.
- Not to allow a registered sex offender to stay in the property.
- Not to sub-let the property or any part thereof.
- Not allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted as a member of your party.
- Not to behave in an anti-social manner, breach the peace or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others.
We reserve the right to end your stay at any time if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party (including anyone invited into the property by you) is likely to adversely effect the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests or members of staff. In this circumstance, you will have to leave the property immediately and no refund will be given. You may also be responsible for any costs we incur as a result of your behaviour.
Maximum occupancy –
- You must not allow more people than the website states to stay overnight in the property.
- You cannot arrange for visitors to the property without the advance consent of us.
- You cannot change the number of adults or children during your stay without the advance consent of us.
Children under 14 years of age must not be left unattended in the property.
Dogs – If we have agreed that you shall bring a dog(s) over one year old into the property, you undertake to abide by the rules relating to dogs:-
- Ensure that your dog will be controlled and supervised and will not cause damage or nuisance (particularly excessive barking) during the holiday.
- If you bring your dog with you, it is not allowed upstairs, on beds or furniture.
- Do not take your dog into the children’s play area.
- If your dog fouls anywhere on the site, including the woodland walk and field, the mess must be removed, bagged and discarded in a dog bin.
- You must bring your own dog’s bed.
- You must not leave any dog unattended in the property (unless confined in a dog crate), including the gardens.
- You must keep dogs on a lead within the boundaries of the site (excluding the off-lead dog paddock and within the property’s garden).
- You must bring your own dog’s feeding and drinking dishes. Do not use any of the crockery provided in your property.
Under extreme circumstances and at our discretion guests may be asked to remove their dog from the site.
You and your party are welcome, at their own risk, to use the garden and public areas including garden furniture and children’s play equipment. You must supervise your party and make your own inspections to ensure that barbeques, garden furniture etc. are safe, suitable and properly used. Any item that becomes unsafe should be withdrawn and brought to our attention.
- You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us all costs incurred by us as a result of any breakage or damage in or to the property which is caused by you or any members of your party or any other persons invited into the property by you. You must inform us as soon as reasonably possible that any breakage or damage has occured. We can ask for an extra payment from you to cover any such costs.
- We expect the property to be left in a reasonable state on departure. If in our opinion, additional cleaning is required, you will be liable for the cost of this cleaning.
Any item left in the property when you depart must be claimed within one month after which time we will dispose of it. An appropriate sum (minimum £5) to cover post, packing and administration must be sent before the item can be forwarded.
Where the property has a hot tub installed, you and your party undertake to abide by the rules detailed in the Guidelines relating to the use of the hot tub.
Medical problems or disabilities
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability that may affect your booking, please tell us before you book. We will inform you prior to booking if we reasonably feel that none of our properties are able to properly meet that person’s particular needs. However, if we feel that we can meet those needs, we will require full details of that person’s particular needs in writing prior to confirming your booking. We cannot be held responsible for allowing a booking that does not meet those particular needs if we have not received the details in writing. We clearly market all our properties as dog friendly. Knowing this, if you chose to book one of our properties and you or any member of the party has a pet allergy, we cannot accept any responsibility for any subsequent health reaction.
All property prices are for the property as a whole and are not on a per person basis, except when an extra person charge applies.
We reserve the right to change the rental prices of available properties at any time. We also reserve the right to correct mistakes in pricing of available properties at any time. We will confirm the price of your booking when you make it. As mistakes can happen, you must check the price and all other details of your chosen property and extras at the time of booking.
We endeavour to make sure that the information on our website is presented accurately. We cannot be held responsible for any changes or closures to local services or attractions mentioned on our website.
Right of Entry
We reserve the right to enter the property (without letting you know first if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies happen or if you break any of these booking conditions. We are also allowed to enter the property to inspect it. We are allowed to access the property at 9.30am on the booked day of your departure.
Our legal responsibilities to you
We cannot be held responsible for the failure of public utilities such as water, gas, electricity, telephone and internet access.
If you have a complaint, we will want to sort it out as soon as possible. It is vital that you contact us immediately if any problem arises so that it can be rectified as quickly as possible. It can be extremely difficult to rectify problems unless we are told promptly. If you discuss the problem with us during your stay at the property, it can usually be sorted out straightaway. For example, complaints which would only be temporary (how the property is prepared or the heating not working) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered during your stay. If you feel that the problem has not been dealt with to your satisfaction, you must, within 28 days of departing from your stay, put your complaint in writing to us. If you do not follow this procedure, it may affect your entitlement to claim compensation should this would be appropriate.
Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English law.